SETTING UP YOUR E-MAIL
Start Outlook Express
There are many ways to start Outlook Express, but here's a sure-fire way to find and start it.
1.Click the Start button.
2.Point to All Programs.
3.Click Outlook Express.
4. If asked whether you'd like to open this particular account automatically every time you start Outlook Express, click Yes (if you do) or No (if you don't).
If you don't want to be asked this question again, click to check the Always perform this check... box.
5.Check When Outlook Express starts, go directly to my Inbox.
Outlook Express directs all incoming mail to the Inbox, so it makes sense to bypass this opening page.
If you don't see the list of folders and contacts on the left, click Layout on the View menu. Click Contacts and Folder List to check them, and then click OK.
Set Up an Outlook Express E-Mail Account
The Internet Connection Wizard makes short work of setting up your online mailbox by walking you through each step for every e-mail account you set up.
1. On the Tools menu, click Accounts. If the Internet Connection Wizard starts up automatically, skip ahead to step 4.
3. Click Add, and then click Mail to open the Internet Connection Wizard.
4. On the Your Name page of the wizard, type your name as you want it to appear to everyone who gets e-mail from you, and then click Next.
Most people use their full name, but you can use any name—even a nickname—that people will recognize.
5. On the Internet Explorer Address page, type your e-mail address and then click Next.
6. On the E-mail Server Names page, the first box should read "My incoming mail server is a POP3 server."
In the next two boxes (under incoming and outgoing mail) type "mail.snhstudents.com" Click Next.
7. On the Internet Mail Logon page, type your account name and password. Your account name is your e-mail address and your password is snh, unless you changed it. Be sure "Remember Password" is checked.
8. Click Finish.
9. Go to Tools, and click Accounts again. You should see the new account you created. Click Properties. You will see a sentence that reads "Log on using Secure Password Authentication." Put a check mark next to that box and click Finish.
Your account is now set up! You can send and receive e-mails from your snhstudents e-mail account now.
If you have any questions about the above procedure, please feel free to send me an e-mail using the contact link above.
To set up your e-mail you are going to use a program called Outlook Express that should already be on your computer. Just follow the simple instructions below. You should only set this up on a home computer that you use on a regular basis.